“POWER UP YOUR PAINTINGS!”
6 week Course: Thursdays, 9:30– 12:00pm,
October 8th – November 12th, 2020
$270 + GST
Welcome to my Atelier Artista classes! I like to keep things simple and logical;
a process more philosophical than formulaic. As artists we need to have
a 'tool-box' filled with knowledge in order to make beautiful brushmarks and …
to be able to tackle whatever comes at us.
In this class, you can explore painting the subject, from life, (if painting the still life) or from your own personal photo reference. Our primary focus will be how light affects form, paying close attention to major concepts such as abstract design and beautiful paint quality. All while staying true to the fundamentals in order to portray a beautiful painting: Shape, Value, Edges & Colour.
Here are just some of the “ideas” we'll explore in class:
1) Mass Design: "Massing In" puts your idea into your space.
2) Brushstrokes: the language of painting.
3) Shapes | Values | Edges | Colour: The simpler, the better.
4) Simple! See the beauty and you'll paint it, rather than merely copying
reality. The simpler the idea, the more powerful the painting.
5) Visual Concepts | Abstract Visual Idea: Have a statement in mind.
Open yourself to possibilities.
6) Flat Shapes: very simple, clear from a distance, looks lit.
7) Paint from a photo “as if you’re painting from life”.
*In this class, students will work on their own projects …still life from life, figure/portraits from photos or landscapes, etc. I will paint along with the class
and students will receive one-on-one guidance throughout. In this way, you will be able to observe a painting progress from the ‘start’ to a somewhat finished painting.
Level: Some painting experience – Advanced. All demonstrations will be done in oil. Acrylic painters welcome. Registrants will receive course supply list.
C$300.00 Regular Price